Initial Operational Test and Evaluation reports E-2D Advanced Hawkeye ready for full-rate production
Air Test and Evaluation Squadron (VX) 1 declared the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye “suitable and effective” in an Initial Operational Test and Evaluation (IOT&E) report, aiding the Defense Acquisition Board in approving the aircraft for full-rate production in January.
“This… Continue reading
06 September 2012
- The European weather satellite built by Astrium has passed its final checks at the Baikonur cosmodrome
- Metop-B demonstrates Astrium’s expertise for instruments and satellite manufacturing in the field of weather forecasting and climate monitoring
Metop-B, the European… Continue reading
Supporting airborne security for the Olympic Games: Eurocopter UK’s Maintenance Mission Control Center is ready for the task
Eurocopter’s new Maintenance Mission Control Center in Oxford, England is setting new standards in operator support – particularly for the security agencies involved in the upcoming London Olympic Games.
Located at Oxford Airport and operated by Eurocopter UK, this facility… Continue reading
The first of six A380s ordered by Malaysia Airlines departed Airbus’ Toulouse, France facility today on its way to Kuala-Lumpur, where it is scheduled to be placed into service on 1 July. Seating 494 passengers in a premium three-class layout,… Continue reading
- Y1B, the second communications satellite for Yahsat, will be orbited by a Proton launcher from Baikonur on 24 April 2012
- Y1B will complete the UAE’s state-of-the-art satellite communications network for both commercial and governmental users
- Astrium and Thales Alenia space… Continue reading
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla., Jan. 19, 2012 – Boeing [NYSE: BA] has received the first on-orbit signals from the fourth Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) satellite it is delivering to the U.S. Air Force. The signals indicate that WGS-4, the first in… Continue reading
Four cockpit procedures trainers (CPTs), located at the Center for Naval Aviation Technical Training (CNATT) and the Marine Aviation Training Systems Site (MATSS) Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Camp Pendleton, Calif., were declared ready for training Sept. 22.
The trainers,… Continue reading
The FFS, produced by French manufacturer Thales, is a highly technologically synthetic training device replicating the SSJ100 cockpit. It has… Continue reading