MOSCOW, February 22 (RIA Novosti) – The engines of a Russian Progress M-17M space freighter were fired on Friday to readjust the orbit of the International Space Station (ISS), a Russian space agency spokesman said on Friday.
“The space freighter’s… Continue reading
- The second pair of Galileo IOV (In-Orbit Validation) satellites, designed and developed by Astrium, are now fully deployed in orbit
- Astrium is the main industrial partner for the European high-performance navigation system with satellites, ground segment, system support and Ariane… Continue reading
SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 5, 2012 – The first Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT]-built Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) geosynchronous (GEO-1) satellite, launched on May 7, 2011, is exceeding performance expectations and is on schedule to achieve operational certification later this year.… Continue reading
DENVER, January 1st, 2012 — Both of NASA’s Gravity Recovery And Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) spacecraft were successfully inserted into orbit around the Earth’s moon. The mission will analyze the internal structure and gravitational forces of the moon. Lockheed Martin [NYSE:… Continue reading
Named Gravity Recovery And Interior Laboratory (GRAIL),… Continue reading
- The Arabsat-5C satellite built by Astrium and Thales Alenia Space has been handed over to ARABSAT as part of the in-orbit delivery contract
- Arabsat-5C is the third Eurostar E3000 satellite to enter commercial service in less than a week
- Arabsat-5C… Continue reading
China’s experimental satellite, which was launched by the Long March II-C rocket Thursday, failed to enter the designated orbit due to a rocket malfunction.
The rocket carrying the SJ-11-04 orbiter experienced problems during flight after it was launched from the… Continue reading
NASA has begun the process of creating a Mishap Investigation Board to evaluate the cause of… Continue reading
Next-Generation GPS III Program Advancing Through Production Phase
The seventh Global Positioning System Block IIR (GPS IIR-7/SVN-54) satellite, designed and built by Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT], has reached 10 years of successful on-orbit operations, and continues to deliver critical position,… Continue reading
ESAâ€™s GIOVE-A satellite â€“ the first prototype of Europeâ€™s Galileo satellite navigation system â€“ is still working well after five years in space.
The first â€˜Galileo In-Orbit Validation Elementâ€™, GIOVE-A, was launched on 28 December 2005 by a Soyuz… Continue reading
In the next phase, the satellite will undergo several tests for validation of its serviceability and satisfactory… Continue reading