A400M ATLAS naming ceremony at RIAT
Airbus Military congratulates OCCAR and the seven participating nations on the official naming of A400M as the ATLAS. We are sure that the aircraft will be a cornerstone of the air transport capabilities of the air forces of the participating nations.
About the A400M
The A400M is an all new military airlifter designed to meet the needs of the world’s Armed Forces in the 21st Century. Thanks to its most advanced technologies, it is able to fly higher, faster and further, while retaining high manoeuvrability, low speed, and short, soft and rough airfield capabilities. It combines both tactical and strategic/logistic missions, while being also able to be used as a tanker plane. With its cargo hold specifically designed to carry the outsize equipment needed today for both military and humanitarian disaster relief missions, it can bring this material quickly and directly to where it is most needed. Conceived to be highly reliable, dependable, and with a great survivability, the multipurpose A400M can do the job of three of today’s different aircraft models in a single one. This means smaller fleets and less investment from the operator. Able to do more with less, the A400M is the most cost efficient and versatile airlifter ever conceived and absolutely unique in its capabilities.
Source and Photo: Airbus Military
- Waypoint Leasing to acquire 20 H135s as first lessor for this rotorcraft
- PDG Signs for H135 and Parts-By-the-Hour Support Agreement
- Finnair becomes first European A350 XWB operator
- Bel Air AW189s helicopters Exceed 2000 flight hours milestone
- Sukhoi handed over another batch of Su-34 frontline bombers to the Russian Air and Space Forces