Airbus Military begins final assembly of the first A400M for France
The fuselage for this aircraft, known as MSN7, arrived at the final assembly line in Seville (Spain) on board an Airbus Beluga. The wings and nose arrived some days earlier and the integration of the central box and outer wings has already begun. The horizontal tailplane (HTP) is expected next week and the vertical tailplane (VTP) in two weeks time.
France will receive its first A400M military airlifter around the turn of the year 2012/2013.
Eight serial A400M aircraft are already at different stages of production.
Airbus Military press release
- Boeing-built Satellite Will Create First Global High-Speed Broadband Network
- Egypt to Buy Russia’s Ka-52 Alligator Attack Helicopters
- China Conducts Test Flight of Largest Domestic Drone
- Friendly “Gremlins” Could Enable Cheaper, More Effective, Distributed Air Operations
- Russian Mi-28N Helicopters Receive Cutting-Edge Helmet Imaging Systems