Airbus Military begins final assembly of the first A400M for France
The fuselage for this aircraft, known as MSN7, arrived at the final assembly line in Seville (Spain) on board an Airbus Beluga. The wings and nose arrived some days earlier and the integration of the central box and outer wings has already begun. The horizontal tailplane (HTP) is expected next week and the vertical tailplane (VTP) in two weeks time.
France will receive its first A400M military airlifter around the turn of the year 2012/2013.
Eight serial A400M aircraft are already at different stages of production.
Airbus Military press release
- Boeing Acquires Leading Provider of Pilot Training Software
- Boeing Celebrates Delivery of Oman Air’s First 787 Dreamliner
- Lockheed Martin Demonstrates Solution to Respond to Threats from Unmanned Aerial Systems
- India’s Global Vectra first worldwide customer to take up HCare Smart parts-by-the-hour contract for its H130
- Russian Army to Receive 16 Helicopters, 29 Combat Aircraft by Year End