Airbus Military begins final assembly of the first A400M for France
The fuselage for this aircraft, known as MSN7, arrived at the final assembly line in Seville (Spain) on board an Airbus Beluga. The wings and nose arrived some days earlier and the integration of the central box and outer wings has already begun. The horizontal tailplane (HTP) is expected next week and the vertical tailplane (VTP) in two weeks time.
France will receive its first A400M military airlifter around the turn of the year 2012/2013.
Eight serial A400M aircraft are already at different stages of production.
Airbus Military press release
- Final Boeing C-17 Globemaster III Departs Long Beach Assembly Facility
- LISA Pathfinder ready for launch from Kourou
- Bombardier and Globalparts.Aero Collaborate to Enhance Parts Support for Learjet 20/30/50 Series Aircraft
- Airbus C295W flies to Antarctica
- Boeing says to roll out first 737 MAX in early December