A350 XWB’s Trent engine rolls-out for initial flight tests
Airbus has completed installation of the first Rolls-Royce Trent XWB flight-test engine on the A380 “flying-testbed” aircraft (MSN 001). The aircraft is depicted here at Airbus’ Jean-Luc Lagardère site in Toulouse where the engine was mounted. The aircraft and engine will now be prepared for the flight-test campaign commencing in the coming weeks.
The Trent XWB engine, which is the largest Rolls-Royce turbofan with a 118-inch diameter fan, has been specially designed to power all members of the new Airbus A350 XWB Family with maximum efficiency.
EADS press release
- Boeing says to roll out first 737 MAX in early December
- Sukhoi aircraft plant in Novosibirsk handed Su-34 frontline bombers to the Russian Air and Space Forces
- First H225M Caracal In-Flight Refueling During Combat by the French Armed Forces
- Heron 1 chalks up 25,000 flight hours in Afghanistan
- Bahamasair takes delivery of its first ATR 72-600