A350 XWB’s Trent engine rolls-out for initial flight tests
Airbus has completed installation of the first Rolls-Royce Trent XWB flight-test engine on the A380 “flying-testbed” aircraft (MSN 001). The aircraft is depicted here at Airbus’ Jean-Luc Lagardère site in Toulouse where the engine was mounted. The aircraft and engine will now be prepared for the flight-test campaign commencing in the coming weeks.
The Trent XWB engine, which is the largest Rolls-Royce turbofan with a 118-inch diameter fan, has been specially designed to power all members of the new Airbus A350 XWB Family with maximum efficiency.
EADS press release
- Boeing-built Satellite Will Create First Global High-Speed Broadband Network
- Egypt to Buy Russia’s Ka-52 Alligator Attack Helicopters
- China Conducts Test Flight of Largest Domestic Drone
- Friendly “Gremlins” Could Enable Cheaper, More Effective, Distributed Air Operations
- Russian Mi-28N Helicopters Receive Cutting-Edge Helmet Imaging Systems