A350 XWB’s Trent engine rolls-out for initial flight tests
Airbus has completed installation of the first Rolls-Royce Trent XWB flight-test engine on the A380 “flying-testbed” aircraft (MSN 001). The aircraft is depicted here at Airbus’ Jean-Luc Lagardère site in Toulouse where the engine was mounted. The aircraft and engine will now be prepared for the flight-test campaign commencing in the coming weeks.
The Trent XWB engine, which is the largest Rolls-Royce turbofan with a 118-inch diameter fan, has been specially designed to power all members of the new Airbus A350 XWB Family with maximum efficiency.
EADS press release
- Boeing Acquires Leading Provider of Pilot Training Software
- Boeing Celebrates Delivery of Oman Air’s First 787 Dreamliner
- Lockheed Martin Demonstrates Solution to Respond to Threats from Unmanned Aerial Systems
- India’s Global Vectra first worldwide customer to take up HCare Smart parts-by-the-hour contract for its H130
- Russian Army to Receive 16 Helicopters, 29 Combat Aircraft by Year End